Baby Weaning Recipes
Your baby has just started eating real food. So what should you cook now? We have some quick and nutritious recipes for your child.
First food for babies
Banana and avocado yoghurt
This is a quick recipe that requires no cooking – and it is surprisingly popular with babies too! This recipe makes 2-4 servings.
- ½ ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- ½ small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp full fat natural yoghurt
Mash the banana and avocado together with a fork or puree in a blender until soft. Stir in the yoghurt thoroughly.
Chicken with sweet potato and red pepper
- 100ml water
- ½ small chicken breast, diced
- ½ medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
Boil water and add chicken and vegetables. Cover and simmer for at least 15 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked. Puree the mixture until smooth. Add cooled water to thin, if necessary.
Find out more
- Homemade Baby food recipes - These homemade baby food recipes are both delicious and easy to make
- Weaning Your Baby on the Best: Weaning your baby can be a difficult time, one where your baby’s individuality has to be taken into account. Susie Willis encourages us to use nutritional super foods, and a little bit of instinct…
- Organic Baby Food: Is organic the best choice for babies?
- Recipes for Young Children: Kids love to cook, and these recipes can be made as a family activity. Your child will learn to measure and combine basic ingredients, and they'll see how food transforms from raw to cooked!
- Coping with a Fussy Eater: Here’s one issue that has many parents tearing their hair out with frustration: how to get a child to eat anything near a balanced diet.